Wednesday 28 June 2017

Tweaks

An uninteresting update.  Please feel free to ignore.

There was a crash and an oil spill on the M62 early this morning, which isn't very interesting.  I mention it only because it means I've been sat on a National Express coach for the last three hours between Manchester and Middlesbrough, on my way to visit family, taking a detour over the moors and through Huddersfield, via Bradford and so on.  National Express has wifi on "select services" now, whatever that means, and I've been lucky enough (notwithstanding aforementioned spill of oil) whatever it means to have sat on a seat on a selected service with time to burn.  So once I got today's microgreens update online, I set about making some tweaks to the format of the site.


If you're reading on mobile (and I've been looking closely at my Google Analytics stats, which tells me that the majority of you are, hello there, hope you're not gawping too much) you won't really have noticed any major changes, but for the benefit of desktop readings (also hello) I've tidied the page up a bit to make it all a little more pleasant and minimal.  Seems appropriate.  The left sidebar has gone: everything else is now on the right.  Links and further reading have their own separate page now, which you can access view the top menu, or also here.


Oh, and you might have noticed that ads are back, too.  This isn't very interesting either, but thought it was worth mentioning.  (Read my previous thoughts on the subject of advertising here and here).  I'm as scrupulous with my Adsense settings as I was before; so nothing nasty or rubbish should be displayed - only things that may be relevant to you.  Feel free to ignore, but hosting ads does help me carry on doing what I do, so please consider disabling your adblockers if you're that way inclined, secure in the assurance they'll be nothing horrible.  If anything is horrible, please inform me, and I'll make the appropriate adjustments.
*******


If you enjoyed this post, please like, +1, share, subscribe and all that sort of thing.  I welcome comments and discussion.  You might want to follow me on FacebookTwitterTumblr or Google+.  Posts from this blog also appear in all of those places, alongside other stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.