Monday 3 July 2017

Repairing my only pair of shoes again.


About six weeks ago, just before my hop across the pond, I posted about how you might want to consider owning only one pair of shoes. This was in the context of attending a wedding, where "smart" shoes are the thing, and my shoes, while passing for smart as new, were starting to a look a bit tatty. A few creative placements of some leather glue and black leather paint and they became presentable. But recently the right shoe sprang a leak. I don't attend weddings every day, but I do walk. It's been fairly wet the last week or so, so this became a cause for concern.


Thankfully, leather glue came to the rescue once again. Here is the sole as it appeared yesterday:



And here is the sole as it appeared this morning, with glue:







Today has been dry, so it's too soon to be sure if the glue has sealed the leak completely, but I've been on my feet all day working in the cafe, and now the sole looks like this:


Acceptable.



Related posts

How to Own Only One Pair of Shoes (and Get Away With It)

******
Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.