Friday 18 August 2017

Bootstrappin' It




Oh no I've sold out! I was dropping off some more books I've read already or am never going to read at a charity shop the other day, when I came across these two booties:

You're bootiful.
As you know, I've been experimenting with owning only one pair of shoes for some time now.  It has become a challenge I may not be able to rise to: after a slew of exceptionally wet weather, even for Lancashire, my shoes have started to leak, and the soles have worn beyond the capacity of mere glue to cover. So I concluded that sighting this pair of boots for sale at the enticing price of £20 must be some kind of serendipity. 

They're in excellent condition, but made of leather, and therefore not vegan. I would never consider buying new pair of leather boots, because leather is made from other persons' skin, which is appalling. However, to use already created leather causes no further harm, and is therefore acceptable. Am I a hypocrite? Discuss.

The allotment is another consideration. There's much digging to be done, and this requires a sturdy pair of footwear. No getting around that.

The boots are a size 10, whereas my feet are only a size 9, which makes them roomy and clunky, and causes me to walk around with the grace of a spaz. So it goes. They are very comfortable, and can be worn in any context.  Now my thoughts turn to what I could do with my trusty pair of battered old shoes. These boots are going to get me through the winter, and hopefully far beyond that. Perhaps it might be interesting to learn more about how to repair shoes, and Thesus' ship my way to a whole new footwear experience.

It's ok to change your mind sometimes, and your shoes.





 Subscribe to RSS


******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.