Saturday 29 April 2017

Another Walk in Another Park

Tonight I'm off to my best friend's to drink wine and have great conversation.  Nothing else is on the agenda before then, so I decided to spend as much time as I possibly could around plants.  To this end, I took myself off to Fletcher Moss, Didsbury.

Didsbury isn't really in Manchester.  Well, it is, but it doesn't feel like it is.  If you know Manchester at all, you know what I'm talking about.  Let's just leave it at that.

The botanical gardens in Fletcher Moss are incredibly beautiful.  I couldn't believe just how beautiful they are.  Viewed from any angle, every little spot is a feast for the eyes.


The feeling of serenity as you amble among such a variety of plants is not describable.  Perhaps it should not be described.  Perhaps that is the point.




Great care and attention has gone into these gardens.  It is obvious.  I note that they're looking for volunteers:


They have a facebook page.  I am intrigued.

Sage is one of my favourite herbs.  Spotted some of the purple variety:


Here are some more pictures.  If you click on them, they will get bigger.








Yes.  I like parks, as I believe I've said before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.