Thursday 22 June 2017

Harvesting Sage and Feeding Worms

The sage I nabbed from the park last month has now well and truly tried, so today I harvested it.  I now have myself a nice little bowl of dried sage, to add to soups and any other recipe I like.



To harvest sage, you have to leave it to dry for a good 4 weeks.  When it's brittle and crumbles in your fingers, it's ready to go.


The chicken wire structure of my earlier creation, a kitten-proof pea and bean farm provides the perfect location for drying of sage sprigs.  And from that...

It's not what it looks like

...to this.

Twiggy remains go on the wormery:


The worms have been busy.  They need more green things to eat.  Today I took several scoops of their produce from the bottom of the bin, and poured the liquid residue into my compost.  This is becoming quite systematic, which makes me happy.

******

If you enjoyed this post, please like, +1, share, subscribe and all that sort of thing.  I welcome comments and discussion.  If you're truly ready to take the next step on your personal journey towards fulfilment, you might want to follow me on FacebookTwitterTumblr or Google+.  Posts from this blog also appear in all of those places, alongside other stuff that will fascinate and delight you.

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.