Monday 26 June 2017

Plant Trees by Searching

I'm a furious Googler, but not so long ago I came across another search engine that's actually worth using.  No, it isn't Bing.  Don't be silly.



Here's their jolly little promotional video:


I still occasionally fanny about on Inbox Pounds' search engine, which pays you pennies for a bit of searching (something to do on the bus, or when you can't sleep) but that's enough about that.  (They do actually pay you, though).

The Ecosia web interface looks more or less identical to a google search page, and seems to be piggybacking on their algorithms somehow, not that I really understand any of  that; but parallel searches between google and Ecosia yield basically identical results for me.  I should imagine it's only a matter of time before Google themselves absorb the venture and make its smiley young startuppers rich.  Which will be very nice for them.  And for the planet.  See, capitalism isn't always bad.

Their android app works well, and there's also a chrome extension.  Give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.