Saturday 24 June 2017

Growing a succulent in a tea pot

I briefly enthused about succulents a few weeks ago, and today I'd like to do so again.

I've been meaning to throw away this teapot for some time: I drink a lot of tea, but never from a pot.  Then it occurred to me, it's still a pot, but not a tea pot.  It's a plant pot.  And so, behold:




Quite attractive, isn't it?  The propagation of succulents is an interesting process.  A new plant can be grow from a single leaf, which is what's going on in the teapot above.  When lain on soil and moistened just occasionally, the end of leaf will sprout new roots and grow itself into another plant.  That's what's happening here.  The new plant is only very tiny, so tiny even my many million pixel camera phone can't quite manage to focus on it, but here it is:

Clicking the picture will make it bigger.

Succulents are very low maintenance plants, which add a sense of timelessness and calm to a room.  They don't require regular watering, since they're used to dry environments and maintain moisture in their thick and juicy leaves (hence the name).  I can recommend getting yourself some.

******

If you enjoyed this post, please like, +1, share, subscribe and all that sort of thing.  I welcome comments and discussion.  If you're truly ready to take the next step on your personal journey towards fulfilment, you might want to follow me on FacebookTwitterTumblr or Google+.  Posts from this blog also appear in all of those places, alongside other stuff that will fascinate and delight you.

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.