Tuesday 20 March 2018

Old Man in the Spring (A Success Story)




The groundsel cutting I nabbed from the allotment land a few weeks back has taken to its new environment.  This is very pleasing.  At first I thought it wasn't going to make it; it looked all gnarly and dying but after closer observation it would seem the tallest shoots are strengthening.


After a haircut, it looks like this:


Presentable.  Let's take a closer look:


These buds bloom into little yellow flowers when the time is right, and look to me like they might do so fairly soon.  According to this video, groundsel is a plant that can be "eaten in wild salads or cooked like a vegetable".  It's too soon to experiment with anything like that just yet of course, but I'm cautiously optimistic about my first toe-dipping into herbalism.  Feels nice.  Here's a little video of my own:



Related posts

Carpet of Weeds
Grow Your Own Curtains

******
Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.