Sunday 11 October 2020

Winter Weight Loss Warmer



I've been on a bit of weight loss kick this week (this month, in fact, looking back).  The centrepiece is a basic "fat burning soup" I found some years ago in a diet for people who've just had heart surgery, so it's fairly radical.  I've adapted it because, A, it's not vegan; and B, I haven't recently had heart surgery.  I've just been feeling like I need to lose weight.  This was something that happened quite naturally when I went vegan (nearly six years ago now) but for whatever reason (too many crisps, probably) I put it back on again.  

Anyway, day four or five, I recall, revolved around eating a lot of steak - but most days are fresh fruit and veg-based.  On day one, you eat only fruit; day two, only vegetables; and day three, fruit and vegetables.  Easy to do if you're already vegan.  And it's all backed up by the soup, whose ingredients are as follows just celery, onions, cabbage, carrots, and tinned tomatoes.

That may not sound very appealing, but it's surprisingly yummy.  There's no reason you can't adapt it to suit your own tastes though - I've been adding pinches of my herb salts and various other goodies, like turmeric, the anti-inflammatory wonder-spice and other things as the mood takes me: courgettes, mushrooms, spinach.


It's great slow cooker fodder, too.  One claim made by the diet, as memory serves, was that the more of the soup you eat, the more weight you will lose.  This was borne out by own experience.  So it's handy to have your slow cooker on the go through the day (or night) to keep yourself in a steady supply of hot soup for whenever hunger strikes.  And so it serves as a new incarnation of my never-ending soup idea from a few years back.  Good ideas coming back around again.







Related posts


******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.