Saturday 12 March 2016

High Lands

I've decided to spend some time in the wild.  It seems like the right thing to do.  Inverness is the end of the line, so far as trains go.  From there it's a three-hour bus ride to Ullapool, and then, definitively you're into the Highlands.  This is where the road ends.



Ullapool to Clachtoll is a 35-mile walk, which I reckon I'll be able to do in 3-4 days at a thougtful and leisurely wandering pace.  Wild camping is legal in Scotland, on the understanding you'll follow the general principle of "leave no trace", which means once I'm equipped (I'll need a tent, for example) I will be free to explore the country as the spirit moves me.

Along the way, such sights as this:



Indeed, the Black Loch.

And this - note the solitary wanderer - 



And over the ends of the earth...






Related posts

A Good Night's Sleep
The Great Indoors

******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.