Wednesday 17 January 2018

Marigolds!





Who's to say it's too early in the year to start gardening?  Behold: marigolds.  Sown only a week ago, on the 10th January, in my makeshift kitchen windowsill greenhouse, and here we are exactly one week later with the first shoots of this season's French marigolds.  The rush of endorphins (or whatever they're called) I got just from sighting these this morning was really something.

The temperature hasn't been much above 6 degrees centigrade for the last few weeks.  It snowed last night.  There's still only 9-10 hours of light per day.  I'm in "zone 8".  Yet here we are, despite expectations.

The plan is to grow an abundant supply of marigolds through the year, to space around among other plants to deter anything that may want to eat my edibles before I get chance to.  Their power to do so is legendary among gardening enthusiasts, and I'm itching to put it to the test.  I just didn't think I'd be able to get started so quickly.  I'll be sowing more immediately.

Red cabbage is also making an appearance, too.  Life is good.






Related Posts



Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.