Sunday 15 April 2018

A Shed is Born




Behold, my new shed:


Not bad for 150 quid, I'm sure you'll agree.  Only a week ago I was lamenting not having built it myself but today, none of that matters.  Results matter.  For £100, Henry built it for me.  Henry is capable (evidently) efficient and one half of a father-son shed building team; in fact, (t)he(y) got the job done so quick, Henry was the only half I ever saw.  All that's left to do is attach the roofing felt, soon as amazon delivers it, and it's job done.  I'm happy as a frog in a pond, and speaking of frogs, look who I met while clearing up some of the excess wood:


I can't remember the last time I even saw a frog in the wild.  I've seen plenty of captive, exotic frogs in garden centres and pet shops but that doesn't really count.  When I was a kid my dad had a pond so you used to see frogs all the time.  A welcome addition to my Allotment Wildlife album.  Frogs are marvellous creatures.  Respect them.  See this particular frog in action here.

Enough about frogs, though.  Back to the shed.


I've already moved my wormery in there.


It occurs to me, with the windows facing the rising sun, it might also be an excellent place to grow a lot more microgreens.  Many possibilities are occurring to me.






Related posts

2018: Year of the Shed
Shed News
******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.