Saturday 31 March 2018

The Decline and Fall of Clarence Park's Sensory Garden



This is what disappointment looks like.


This is what remains of Clarence Park's "sensory garden", a pathetic but nonetheless lovely little space that has featured several times previously on this blog.  It contained these wonderfully abundant supplies of sage and mint:




...which I had always assumed to be public property, and have never had demonstrated to me otherwise.  Now I never will.  This is what remains of the sage bush:


No evidence remains of the mint at all.  Nor the flowering chives, and the army of bees they used to feed.  The whole space has been dug up, and work has begun on inserting more of the vulgar, metalic  exercise devices that already permeate the pathways into the once verdant oasis of herbs and calm:


Those rotten red discs are supposed to be good for your elbows or something.  I am not impressed.  I preferred the free herbs.  You can exercise in your front room, but you can't grow a supply of sage that magnificent just anywhere.

The changes haven't been announced or publicised anywhere that I can find; they just happened.  I am against this.








******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.