Saturday 21 April 2018

Thinking Out Loud #1: Veganism and Human Evolution




You may know that I've been trying on and off for some time now to write a book, provisionally titled, The Vegan Imperative: Animals, Humans and the Future of Life.  Concentration and self-discipline aren't exactly my strong suits, but I've had a good few bursts the last week or so of exploring the subjects that really interest me, and I've honed in on one particular matter that I think might be key: the evolution of lactase persistence and its possible effects on human development.

Trying to get a handle on this sort of thing, not being scientifically literate, is quite hard work, and I often find talking to myself is a good way of really understanding things.  So I thought, maybe I'll start making some videos where I just ramble, because you know, that's what people like to do these days.  At the same time it was an opportunity to test some free screen capturing software.  So anyway, here is the first of what I hope I can make into a regular series, which should become more coherent over time.  It lasts for about fifteen minutes and is mostly just me talking while flicking through web pages.  Not much to look at, but I hope you find it stimulating.  I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on this.  Thanks.






Related posts

Book

******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.