Tuesday 11 December 2018

Ecobricking It




An ecobrick is a plastic bottle stuffed full of plastic, which you then use as a brick.  It's a idea that's been on my radar for some time now (Earthship Brighton, which I visited a few years ago, is partly made of them) and recently they've been showing up in Facebook feed too, so I decided to get involved in making some.  Turns out there's a "Global Ecobrick Alliance" to guide you along, to which I have signed up, subscribed, and so on.  Here's an introductory video from their YouTube channel:



Here's a plastic bottle I had in my recycling bin, now empty of sunflower oil, into which I will stuff my first brick's worth of stuff:


It's not the most common size or shape of bottle, but I don't think that matters too much.  I can build up a collection of these in time myself.  Also the "movement" of ecobrickers, if that's what it is (and I hope so) seems to be all about connecting with others making bricks of their own, so no doubt I'll have the chance to contribute to a wider network of ecobricks, which can then be put to good use.

Go and sign up at ecobricks.org right now.

Yeah.





Related posts

A Weekend at Earthship Brighton
Sitting on a Landfill (Waiting for the End to Come)
Plastic Free Market Forces
Everyday Things You Don't Really Need at All #1: Washing Up Liquid
Everyday Things You Don't Really Need at All #2: Toothpaste
Everyday Things You Don't Really Need at All #3: A kettle




******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.