Wednesday 19 December 2018

Mushrooms from Coffee Grounds




I have a feeling I might get one of those 'grow your own mushroom kits' for Christmas. This feeling is based on a recent experience where my Dad asked me if I would like one of those grow your own mushrooms kits and I said, "OK". Assuming this happens, and assuming it's oyster or shiitake mushrooms the kit's for growing, I'll be well on the way to following the method explained in this video:


Apart from the careful "sterilisation" required at every stage, which looks like a bit of a chore, this all looks very easy indeed. I get through a fair bit of coffee myself, and there's a machine at the office where I work that goes through at least two pots a day so there'll be no problem at all sourcing used grounds. Then all I need is straw (also easy to come by) and plastic bags (ditto).

It's got me wondering again about growing all your own meals in your own home. Man shall not live on microgreens alone, but microgreens and mushrooms?  Well, that could be the start of something special.




Related posts

Grow Your Own Meals Indoors, Forever and Ever?
Resurrecting Basil
Never-Ending Soup
Slow Cooker Simple Vegan Chilli
A Soup Made of Scraps


******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.