Sunday 21 July 2019

Allotment Salad




Had a friend over for dinner today, so thought I'd take the opportunity to make a meal for two using only allotment grown ingredients.  But for the bread and the beer, I was entirely successful.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling very pleased with myself this afternoon.

I served allotment soup (more or less what I made last week) and a new creation: allotment salad.  Here's an extreme close up:


The ingredients are: nasturtium leaves and flowers, peas, blueberries, coriander, chives and mint.  That's all, just thrown together.  It's punchy, and went down well.  I also provided a jar of fermented peas to munch alongside it.  These went down even better.  Andy took a jar home with him.  We polished off the soup between us, and I kept the remaining portion of the salad for myself.  

Nine of our "five a day" in a single meal, and all organically home grown.  It doesn't get much yummier than this.





Related posts

Allotment Soup
******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.