Friday 5 January 2018

Prayer Plant Propagation




The solstice has passed and January is here (happy new one) which means it's time to start thinking hard about making plan(t)s.  To be honest, these days I rarely stop thinking about plants.  Plans are something I am less competent with.  Still, I've been doing a fair bit of internetting and it feels like I'm starting to get a handle on how the allotment year is going to look.

But it's still too cold for much of that, so I'm keeping my attention indoors.  I watched this video the other day, and decided to follow its instructions carefully.

The key would seem to be to look for the "nodes", the nobbly parts of the plant stems you can see here just below the scissors.  That's where I cut.


I found myself two nice nodes; in fact, one node had a node of its own, so I split this stem.  Now I have three nodes.  I've left them in water, out of direct sunlight, and will be observing them closely.  I hope it's not too early in the year to do this sort of thing, but I just can't wait to get started.










Related posts

Prayer Plant Pregnancy

******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Updates?–did the cuttings root after a month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them. They're more delicate than I expected. May need to start again with the whole project.

      Delete

Your comments are welcome.