Friday 2 November 2018

A Quick Water Hack




Yes, I just used the term "hack", and I'm sorry.  I feel dirty.  But never mind, because this post is a little dirty.  Previously I remarked that I'd be saving water from my October potato binge in a sterile fermenting bucket, with the hope of accumulating enough to brew myself a batch of delicious potato wine.  Things, as predicted by the good experts over at homebrewtalk.com did not work out this way.  So I found myself left with an increasingly non-sterile bucket of potato water.

No need to despair; and encouraged by a water bill I received this week lower than the previous for the second time in a row (just north of £100 for the past six months) I decided I'd keep it for watering my plants.  Here are some of my plants:


Aren't they beautiful?  Yes.  And see those little brown bottles in the corner behind the hardback books?  They're where I'm saving my nutritious watery concoctions.


The other ingredient is coffee.  Plants love coffee.  (Or maybe they don't, the evidence seems to be mainly anecdotal, so you might want to consider conducting your own experients).  After my morning pot thereof, I swirl the grounds around with a little more potato water and funnel it into the bottles.  It gives off a faintly peaty smell, but nothing to spoil your enjoyment of the room.  Then each morning at plant breakfast time, the ones that need it can have a healthy helping of recycled water.  The rest, of course, I can always use to flush the toilet, bringing that water bill down just that little bit more.

Celebrate things like this.  It's nearly game over, in any case.  Or is it?






Related posts

Consider the Toilet
Stockpiling Circles
Fruits of the Forage
Plastic Free Market Forces
Paying Not to Die
******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.