Monday 26 November 2018

Quick Update




A lot happened this weekend.  So for blogging purposes I'm going to divide my experiences into several posts over the next few days.  Apologies to anyone who may have been waiting for daily updates to my £1.00 a Day Eating Challenge: for now I'll just say that yes, the journey continues.  Sort of.  Watch this space.

On Saturday I attended Manchester's first Extinction Rebellion demonstration.  This involved a march, plenty of chanting, and some mostly police-approved civil disobedience, sitting down the middle of the street and reciting a "Declaration of Rebellion".  Things became more disobedient later on, I gather, with several arrests, although I must confess I'd moved on by this stage.  Anyway, for what it's worth I stand in solidarity with the rebellion and everything they hope to achieve.  Here's some unedited footage of the "Declaration of Rebellion".  Just to be a small part of this was a powerful experience.  Pay attention to the words here.  This matters.



On Sunday, I went to an afternoon of 'wild food' foraging, organised by the charming people of Cracking Good Food.  I learned a lot in a few hours; in summary, there's a lot more things just growing all around you that you can eat.  

Which brings us to a post I've been working on about the Beatles and Broccoli but just haven't had time to finish, what with all this fun.  Specifically, Ringo and Broccoli.  It should be ready this week.  Watch this space, like, subscribe and all of that.  








Related posts

£1.00 a Day Eating Challenge
Life Flows on Within You and Without You
Sitting on a Landfill (Waiting for the End to Come)
Fruits of the Forage

******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.