Sunday 5 January 2020

Garlic News




Well, here we are in the future.  The twenty-twenties.  We made it.  Hope it isn't shite!  There is, I think, reason to be hopeful because today, pottering back on the allotment, I noticed this:


and this:


I'm not sure which, but I'm confident one of these growths is from the wild garlic I hoped to "seed" after last year's foraging and fermenting experiments with what are also known as "ramsons" for some reason.  Both look garlic-like, and both have emerged around the spot where I planted and dropped the seedy flowers of last year's crop from the woods.

They're an invasive species, apparently, but that's perfectly OK with me.  That means that they'll spread, which is exactly what I want.  My own wild garlic patch.  Here's hoping.

I've various plans for the allotment this year, that I'm really looking forward to telling you about.  This is only one of them.

Happy new year!





Related posts

Wild Garlic Experiments
Fermented Garlic Report
More Fun With Food in Jars


******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.