Wednesday 15 July 2020

Intermittent Fasting



All this talk about food, and in amongst that I've decided to give not eating a go.  You might have heard of "intermittent fasting" (so, not really "fasting" at all then) as it's something of a fad at the moment but the little I've read up on it so far, it seems to be a scientifically credible method of weight loss and general good health.

The idea is that you only eat during an 8 hour window every day, and "fast" for the remaining 16 hours.  So if you have breakfast at 7:30am, you need to have your tea by 3:30pm, and not eat again until the following morning.  The 8-hour window you pick doesn't seem to matter too much, though obviously stuffing your face at 9pm and then getting up early for a 5am breakfast binge wouldn't make much sense and is probably terrible for your digestion.  Anyway, you do you.  I'm using roughly 10am - 6pm as my window, and it's only day 2 but already I'm feeling surprisingly energetic.  I think I often feel sluggish in the morning the night after a late, heavy meal, but yesterday and today I've sprung in to life, and without even adding sugar to my coffee; and I don't usually feel hungry first thing anyway, so this suits me fine.

There's plenty of apps available to help keep you on track - the one I'm using also reminds you to drink water periodically, which I've been obediently doing.  Which may also explain the energy boost.  Or it could all be psychological.  So what?  I feel good.  We'll see how this goes.




Related posts


******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. I tried this a while a go and I'm surprised I didn't stick at it actually as I felt great. Like you I am fine about not eating until 10am. I find once I do start to eat I need to carry on throughout the day, so leaving it later automatically makes me eat less anyway. The 6pm cut off time is good too as you sleep so much better on an emptier stomach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah seems that way. I've found I've been waking up several times in the night over the past year or so, and have been wondering if a change in dietary habits might help with this :)

      Delete
  2. I too am trying intermittent fasting. The subject fascinates me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How long have you been trying it? How's it going so far?

      Delete

Your comments are welcome.