Friday 23 November 2018

£1.00 a Day Eating Challenge: Day Six (The Jeremy Corbyn Diet)




I wasn't feeling well yesterday.  Symptoms: cold, headache, vague aches and pains.  Diagnosis: November.  Time to go for a flu jab, I think.  Anyway, I mention this because I hope it's not an effect of my frugal eating this week, and just a coincidence, but who knows for sure?  In broccoli we trust.

That said, having left work early due to no longer being of any adult use to anyone paying me, I was in bed before 4pm.  Tea, as a result, was a hastily scoffed tin of cold baked beans, straight from the tin, Jeremy Corbyn style.  This tin came from the stockpile, so no extra cost there.  Breakfast was porridge - another Corbyn staple.  In Corbyn we trust.  Way back in 2016 when I had similar frugal plans and schemes, I got myself a 25kg of porridge oats, which I used a lot of at first, but gradually phased out.  I don't really know why.  Porridge is great: simple and quick to make, healthy as it gets and porridge oats, stored dry and cool, last more or less forever.  Two years in, the 25kg bag still only half empty, and they're fresh and useful as ever.  Here's where I got mine.



Lunch was, let's say, improvised.  Ingredients: one tin of kidney beans, half a head of broccoli, two small onions.  Onions fried with a few pinches of turmeric, broccoli steamed, beans boiled.  I shouldn't have gone to work in the first place, feeling as I did, but I was glad I had the energy to scrape a more or less edible lunch together at no extra cost (the beans, broccoli and onions were all bought earlier this week).

So that was that.  Not much else to say for today, except I'm still here, not dead.  Oh, almost forgot.  In and amongst, I also managed to bash together a passable tray of bread rolls, which with several generous sprinkles of dried sage into the day, turned out as lovely as you could hope.



Total spend: £0.00.  Tomorrow's budget: £3.03.




Related posts

£1.00 a Day Eating Challenge
£1.00 a Day Eating Challenge: Day Two
£1.00 a Day Eating Challenge: Day Three
£1.00 a Day Eating Challenge: Days Four and Five


******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.