Tuesday 4 December 2018

£1.00 a Day Eating Challenge: Round Two, Day Five (EAT PORRIDGE EVERY DAY)




I'll tell you what: that lunch I made last night was absolutely delicious.  Fried rice, with grated ginger, broccoli and black pepper.  That's all it was, but it was yummy.  YUMMY, I tell you.



I'm back into the porridge habit, too.  If you want to live to be 100 or more, you should eat porridge, as evidenced here, and there - and everywhere.  There are two other things I would like to say about porridge:

  1. Porridge oats can last basically forever.  I bought a 25kg bag of them over years ago.  I keep it under my kitchen counter in a dry spot and their original paper packaging, and they're as good and fresh today as they always were.
  2. It's even easier to make porridge than you already thought it was.  You might think you need a saucepan or a microwave, or other ingredients like salt or milk but you really don't.  Spoon the required portion size of oats into the bowl you intend to eat them out of, pour water just boiled from the kettle over, stir and leave.  You might want to try leaving them, covered, overnight, to make "overnight oats" but you can just as well do what I do - leave them uncovered, to cool just for 5 - 10 minutes while you're in the shower.  It might not give you as creamy a breakfast as you're looking for, but it's perfectly adequate.  I sprinkle in a little sugar, and plenty of mixed seeds to feel consistently amazing.
Today's budget is £1.28, so I can stock up on potatoes on the way home.  I think that's all I'm going to need. Broccoli and fried rice for tea again.  And potatoes.  I don't see that I have any other choice.










Related posts

Experimental High Protein Vegan Breakfast Energy Bars
Spaghetti Brocolesse
Grow Your Own Meals Indoors, Forever and Ever?
Celebrating Roast Potatoes


******

Please consider disabling your adblockers when reading this site.  I make every effort to ensure no inappropriate, rubbish or offensive advertising appears here, and nothing that is contrary to the spirit of this blog.  So it's really nothing to be afraid of.  Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.